Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Doubt


I had the craziest dream last night!!  There was this idea that I had been internalizing for years, and I decided to verbalize it!!  To all of my Facebook friends, family, contacts, colleagues, and so on.  Insane, right?  Like I would ever do that... "Wait, what's that? Not a dream.... What on earth have I done...?!"

I think what I have done is created a large collection of accountability partners.  God has blessed me with the most amazing spouse, family, friends, and church family that is more incredible than I could ever have hoped for.  There are people in my life that I surely know will keep me on the path to get The Leapers published and into the hands of our children.  Thank you God for those people that I already know and the ones I will come to know through this blog.

But honestly, I cannot remember the last time I felt anxiety like I have felt today.  Doubt has been flying at me from every angle, and the enemy has great aim.  Here are some of the gems he has tossed...

No one will read what you have to write.
People will think it is stupid.
You will lose friends.
You will gain enemies.
You can't write.
You will not see this through.
You don't have the time.
You don't know the Bible well enough.
How do you expect to be able to point others to Jesus, when so many times you forget to point to Him yourself?
YOU WILL FAIL.

No, I would fail.  Left to myself I would fail.  I am weak, and I do not have the strength to even start this process alone. But thankfully I don't have to.   

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


When I feel overwhelmed, anxious, and scared, I cling to this verse, and it comforts me. Abundant and infinite GRACE. Undeserved, unearned, unattainable, perfect grace from a Savior whose love is unfathomable.  In our weak and weary moments, we are not called to roll up our sleeves and "get er done".  We are called to trust in the one who loves us perfectly, who knows us perfectly, and who gives us exactly what we in those moments we are weak - Himself.



In Christ,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment