Saturday, December 14, 2013

What to Expect

Thank you so much to those of you who have gone online and ordered my books!  I really appreciate your support.  These stories would be great as a stocking stuffer for your children or a present for Christmas.

Here is the link to Amazon to purchase the books.  Amazon automatically charges for shipping on both books even if you order them together.  When you purchase both stories you will automatically receive a discount on The Bogdown Pond that is equal to that second shipping amount.  

I wanted to take a minute to tell you what to expect from Meet the Leapers and The Bogdown Pond.  I have two young boys at home who are avid fans of Disney, Nick Junior, etc.  Don't get me wrong, shows on these channels are great entertainment and fun shows for us to watch.  When it comes to toys, the latest super hero characters or video games are at the top of their list.  We do watch Veggie Tales, which is a great alternative, but there is a problem with Veggie Tales. 

 I think the creator of Veggie Tales, Phil Vischer said it best in an article in WORLD Magazine, "I looked back at the previous 10 years and realized I had spent 10 years trying to convince kids to behave Christianly without actually teaching them Christianity,  And that was a pretty serious conviction.  You can say, "Hey kids, be more forgiving because the Bible says so," or "Hey kids, be more kind because the Bible says so!" But that isn't Christianity, it's morality."   Click here to see Phil Vicher's most recent projects.  He is doing some amazing things.

Now, am I saying that The Leapers will be on the same level as say a Veggie Tales or one of the other names I have mentioned?  No. (That would be pretty awesome though...)  My goal with this series is very simple and can be summed up in one sentence.  To point the children and the parents reading these stories to Jesus.  That's it, it's that simple for me.  My books are not about being a good person.  They are not going to teach your child how to be a good person.  But, they will point your children to the cross and the need we all have for a Savior.  

There are bible verses in my first two books.  There will be bible verses in the books to come.  At the end of each book the bible verse or verses mentioned will be listed as memory verses to teach your children. Here are three verses supporting the importance of knowing scripture.  It teaches us, trains us, sustains us, protects us and so on.  We need to know God's word and we need to teach it to our children.

2 Timothy 3:16 
"All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness."

Matthew 4:4 
But he answered, "It is written, "' Man cannot live on bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God,"'

Proverbs 6:21-22
Bind them on your heart always; tie them around your neck.  When you walk, they will lead you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; and when you awake; they will talk with you.

The second thing you will find in my books are Daddy Leaper's Leap Higher Questions.  These questions are designed to get your children thinking about what they just heard and to point them to Jesus. 

I will leave you with one of my favorite illustrations created by Scott R. Strub.  Scott is amazing to work with and brought my frogs to life!  Here is a link to his website in case anyone needs an illustrator.

In Christ,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment